Popular Posts

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jeff Hordley, who plays Emmerdale bad-boy Cain Dingle, on his perfect weekend..


What does your typical Saturday involve?


Family time is really precious to me so I like spending the day with my wife Zoe (who plays Emmerdale vet Rhona Goskirk) and my children Violet, six, and Stan, three.


We usually do something related to the outdoors then eat a nice meal together.


We’ve got an allotment so we might spend some time down there or give our dog Rita – a five-month-old ­spaniel-poodle mix – a good walk in the countryside, then all come home and watch a film together.


Are you an early bird or the king of ­lie-ins? What are lie-ins?! I’ve got two children so lie-ins are out of the question. Remember the times when you used to stay in bed late and sleep off a hangover? Well, those are long gone for me.


To be honest, I’m not really one for sleeping late. I enjoy getting up and making the most of the day.


What’s been your best party weekend?


Graeme Hawley, who played Corrie murderer John Snape, had a great stag weekend. It was a brilliant laugh and one of those great times where everything comes together. A group of us went to the Green Man Festival, so we were in a great place with good company.


There were only 13,000 people there so it had a really nice feel and the music was really good.


There were loads of like-minded people there and lots of things to do. ­Unlike a lot of festivals, there wasn’t loads of mess. I sound like a right old man by saying this, don’t I? But I am these days!


At my age, you want a festival with good food and where people clear up after themselves.


Saturday night – out on the tiles or cosy evening in? I don’t do many big nights out these days. I’ve done my share of partying and I’m more of a homebody now. I’m nothing like Cain, put it that way!


If I do go out, I like going to gigs to see live music. My favourite venues are smaller places, such as The Brudenell Social Club in Leeds or The Deaf Institute in Manchester.


Where’s your favourite place to nip for a pint? I don’t have a local as such but I do know some nice pubs near where we live in North Yorkshire. I’ve started to get into real ale as I’ve got older so I’m always searching for places where they serve good beer.


What would be your ideal weekend away?


If it was a weekend away without children, I’d love to take my wife back to Italy, where we’ve had a really special time in the past, on the Amalfi coast.


It’s extremely beautiful and the food is out of this world. There are places built into the hills and it’s very cool, it’s got a real 1950s/1960s feel.


Who does the cooking at the weekend? We tend to take it in turns at the weekend. We both love big roasts that everyone can share and cooking for the family is a real pleasure.


What’s your idea of weekend hell?


Shopping. I don’t hate it but let’s say I’d rather not spend my free time standing about in shops. Isn’t that what the internet was invented for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List