Popular Posts

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christine Bleakley says Daybreak was ruining her looks and her friends are surprised she stuck it so long


Christine Bleakley has spoken for the first time about being dumped from Daybreak – and claimed she can’t wait to get her life back.


She revealed that she had been existing on just three hours’ sleep a night and the early starts were ruining her looks.


The TV star, who is engaged to Chelsea footballer Frank Lampard, is now looking forward to some lie-ins after being axed with co-host Adrian Chiles.


Speaking at the Women in Film and TV awards yesterday, she said: “I feel good – I’m looking forward to having my life back again.


"It’s difficult to explain – anyone who does night shifts or those kind of hours will understand it does start to take its toll on you, so I certainly won’t miss 3am starts.


"I’m naturally a night owl and my mates are surprised I made it this long on Daybreak – it’s been over a year of getting up at 3am and you start to go doolally.”



She revealed that even when she was exhausted she’d go to bed at 9pm and still be unable to sleep. She said: “I was living on three hours’ kip a night, so my skin and everything just deteriorated.”


Christine – set to host ITV’s Dancing On Ice alongside Phillip Schofield – claimed that her failure to excite the viewing public alongside Daybreak co-host Adrian was something she had accepted.


“I understand telly,” declared the 32-year-old. “I’ve been doing it since I was 17 and things change and evolve. If they didn’t I wouldn’t be doing Dancing On Ice for a start.”


Christine and Adrian make their final appearance on Daybreak on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List